There are a number of organizations throughout Nevada where you might be able to obtain free legal assistance or low-cost legal help. 

Free Legal Help

Some local organizations provide free legal help or possibly even free representation by an attorney under limited circumstances.  Most of these organizations provide assistance only in certain, specific types of disputes.  Many have requirements and limitations regarding client income, citizenship, age, etc.  To learn about an organization's requirements and how to apply for services, visit that organization's website or call that organization directly.

American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
Nevada Attorney for Injured Workers
Nevada Disability Advocacy & Law Center
Nevada Equal Rights Commission
Nevada Legal Services
Northern Nevada Legal Aid
Southern Nevada Senior Law Program
Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans

Low-Cost Legal Help

The Lawyer Referral and Information Service ("LRIS") is a free public service from the State Bar of Nevada.  You can call the LRIS to get a referral to an attorney who practices law in the area you are looking for.

An attorney who is a member of LRIS may charge no more than $45 for an initial consultation. If you hire the attorney after the initial consultation, the attorney will negotiate the fee with you.

If you cannot afford an attorney, LRIS can attempt to prequalify you for a reduced rate.  If you qualify, the attorney can charge you no more than $25 for the initial consultation, and $75/hr for future work if you hire the lawyer. 

There is no fee to use the LRIS service. You can call LRIS at 702-382-0504, or toll-free within Nevada at 1-800-789-LRIS (5747). You can learn more at the Lawyer Referral and Information Service website.

About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.

Chat Now