If you would like to file for a separation from your spouse, there are forms you must fill out and file.  You can find instructions and all the forms you need to start a separation case in this section.

After you file for separation, the next step is to make sure your spouse is “served” with a copy of the summons and complaint (and anything else you filed). The Court does not serve the papers for you. Visit this section to learn about how to have your spouse served, and what to do if you do not know where to find your spouse.

Once your spouse has been served with the separation papers, you will have to wait and see what your spouse does before you know what your next step will be. You can learn about the possible next steps in this section.

About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.