Any party to a protection order can file a motion requesting the judge's assistance if there are issues that need to be addressed.  This may be needed if: 

  • A person wants to cancel the protection order.
  • A person wants to extend the protection order.
  • A person wants to change the terms of the protection order.
  • A person wants to enforce the terms of the protection order because the other person is not obeying the terms. 

If any of the above apply, you may file a motion in the same court that issued the protection order.  The motion must explain what you want the judge to do and why.  The judge can determine what, if anything, needs to be done.  

TPO Motion (pdf fillable)

If a person filed a motion that you want to respond to, you may file the following opposition: 

TPO Opposition (pdf fillable)

Sometimes a judge will order the adverse party to turn in any firearms in their possession while the protection order is in effect.  If so, you must notify the court when the firearms have been surrendered.  Fill out and file this form as your proof.

TPO Firearms Surrender (pdf fillable)


About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.