Other Topics

Victims of domestic violence can apply for protection orders to keep their abusers away. A "temporary protection order" (a "TPO") may be issued for up to 45 days, and an extended protection order may be issued for up to two years. 

To apply for a TPO, you usually have to fill out an application and a confidential information sheet.  The forms are below:

Application for Temporary Protection Order (pdf fillable)

Application for Temporary Protection Order (pdf)

Confidential Information Sheet (pdf fillable)

Confidential Information Sheet (pdf)

If you are including children in the protection order request, you must also fill out a UCCJEA Declaration Form.

UCCJEA Declaration (pdf fillable)

UCCJEA Declaration (pdf)

You can file for a TPO at your local Justice Court.  There is no fee to file these papers.  Please visit Find My Court to locate your nearest Justice Court.

There are other forms, including forms in Spanish, available for TPO matters on the Nevada Supreme Court's website.

For more information on resources available to victims of domestic violence, please see the Domestic Violence section of this website.

About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.