To petition the court to terminate a parent's rights, there are certain forms you must fill out and file with the court. You can find instructions and all the forms you need to file a termination of parental rights case in this section.

After you file a termination of parental rights case, the next step is to make sure the other parent is “served” with the papers. You may also need to serve the Child Support Office, and you may need to serve the parent's nearest relative living in Nevada if you can't find the parent.  Visit this section to learn about how to have the parent served, who else to serve, and what to do if you do not know where to find the parent.

About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.