If you believe that you have grounds to ask a Nevada court for an annulment but your spouse won't agree to sign the papers, you can file for an annulment on your own. There are certain forms you must fill out and file with the court to open an annulment case. You can find instructions and all the forms you need to open an annulment case in this section.


Make sure you understand the basic annulment concepts before filling out any forms. Read through the Annulment Overview sections to learn about the basics of annulment.  You may also want to visit the Custody Overview page for an overview of the custody laws in Nevada.

Step 1. Complete the Papers

To open an annulment case, you will need to file all of the forms below:


Cover Sheet

This form is REQUIRED.  This form asks for basic information about you, your spouse, and any children that you and your spouse have together. You are the Plaintiff and your spouse is the Defendant.  

Family Cover Sheet (pdf fillable)



This form is REQUIRED.  This form tells your spouse that you have filed for an annulment. The form also tells your spouse that he or she must file a response within 20 days, or a default may be entered against them. 

Summons (pdf fillable)

Español  Tagalog  Tiếng Việt  汉语


Complaint for Annulment

This form is REQUIRED.  This form tells the judge and your spouse the grounds you are alleging to get an annulment, and what you want out of the annulment. You are the Plaintiff and your spouse is the Defendant. 

Be sure to fill out all of the sections. If you leave something blank, the judge will not know what you are asking for, and it may slow down your case.

Complaint for Annulment - No Kids (pdf fillable)

Complaint for Annulment - No Kids (pdf)

Complaint for Annulment - With Kids (pdf fillable)

Complaint for Annulment - With Kids (pdf)


Step 2. File the Papers

After you fill out the papers above, you will need to file them with the district court in your county.  Visit Find My Court if you are not sure where your local district court is located.

The court will charge you a filing fee to file your papers.  The fee is different in every county.  Find out from your local court what the filing fee will be. 

If you cannot afford the filing fee, please see Filing Fees and Waivers to find out how to ask the court to waive the fee.


Next Step: Serve the Defendant

After you complete the steps on this page, a copy of the summons and complaint (and anything else you filed) must be hand-delivered to your spouse (the “Defendant”). The Court does not serve the papers for you.  It is up to YOU to make sure your spouse gets served after you file for an annulment.  After you have completed the steps on this page, learn all about how to have your spouse served by visiting the How to Serve the Annulment Papers page.


The Court does not serve the papers for you.  If you do not make sure the Defendant is properly served, your case could be dismissed. 

About This Website

This website is intended to provide general information, forms, and resources for people who are representing themselves in Nevada's courts without a lawyer. There may be additional information you need to know depending on where your case is being handled. If you will be representing yourself in Clark County or Washoe County, you should visit those self-help websites for specialized forms and instructions.